Before I came across an article about men preferring low-maintenance women over high-maintenance ladies, I never really understood what it meant. To be honest, I don’t believe there’s anything wrong with being high-maintenance. But if it reaches a point where one’s demands become unreasonable, then that’s a different story.
How about you? Are you a low-maintenance gal? Let’s find out.
- You have contact lenses, but you rarely wear them because you feel that they’re not for everyday wear as they can be quite uncomfortable. So, you save your contacts for special occasions.
- You love shopping for clothes, yet you reserve the really dressy ones for weddings, formal events and other social gatherings. You go for easy pieces on a daily basis. But you’re keen to winning the style game, so you go for chic and stylish outfits you can pull off in less than a minute.
- Because you rarely dress up, you amaze your friends when you do make an extra effort with your outfits. Remember that one time you wore that grey tulip-skirt dress and all your friends were singing praises about it? Yup, to them, it feels like Christmas every time you’re all dolled up.
- Your going-out uniform is a combination of t-shirt, a nice pair of jeans and a jacket. And an attempt to glam up involves smokey eyes and red lips.
5. On other days, you put on the first pair of jeans and top you can find in your closet. Spending more than five minutes picking what to wear is just not your thing.
- Your hair is styled in just three ways, depending on your mood. You let your tresses down on good hair days. But on other days, you pull it up in a ponytail or high bun, depending on how bad it looks. Besides, you can’t be bothered by hair straighteners and curling irons.
- About 90% of your wardrobe is paired with one to two pairs of shoes because your feet don’t need to die from wearing heels every day.
Being low-maintenance doesn’t mean you don’t really care about your appearance. It’s just that you don’t believe that it’s worth wasting more than 10 minutes of your time putting together outfits that you’re only going to wear inside the office for eight hours.
Are you low-maintenance? Tell us about it.