Getting dressed can become a whole lot easier if you know what pieces work best on your body type. In case you’re not familiar with them, there are actually four kinds of figure: the pear, the ruler, the hourglass and the apple shape. Knowing which figure you fall in to can help you find the most flattering outfits.
Once you’ve identified the kind of body shape you have, use these secrets to your advantage:
1. The Pear Shape. If you tend to gain weight around the middle, clothes should fit loosely around the midsection. Here are some of the sartorial pieces that work best on your body:
- Opt for tunics because they have a relaxed cut that glides over the stomach.
- Slim-cut pants look good on you as they can create an illusion of slim legs.
- Try empire-waist-cut garments. They have a waistline that rest just below the bust, which can conceal the stomach.
- Because pear-shaped bodies tend to be heavy in the mid-section, focus on the top part to balance your look so you can show off your fabulous shoulders and bust.